School lunch Ideas is essential for the health and well-being of a child. A good lunch provides the energy to study well during school hours and to remain alert in class. Furthermore, it helps in physical activities, otherwise, the child will feel sleepy and inactive.
Lunch is even more important for kids because this is the time when they get their vitamins and nutrient for the day. Therefore, if a child doesn’t get the supplements which are essential for mental and physical development would suffer.
Nutritional facts and lunch ideas
Some minerals are vital for children specifically,
- Protein: It helps to build body cells and fight infection and provide energy. Food that contains a high level of protein namely, meat, egg, beans, and dairy products
- Carbohydrates: Food items like bread, potatoes, cereals, and rice have a high amount of carbohydrates.
- Calcium: It strengthens the bones and teeth. Calcium-containing items are milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.
- Iron: It is one of the most important minerals. Red meat, whole grain, bean, and nuts are rich in iron.
- Fiber: Fiber helps to provide bowel regularity in a child. Food that is rich in fiber specifically are lentils and kidney beans.
- Vitamin A and C: Vitamin A and C both are essential for a child’s body these vitamins help in growth and protect the body from infections. It also makes the bones and teeth strong. For instance, Carrots, sweet potatoes, melon, citrus food, broccoli, strawberries, etc. are vitamin containing items.
Parents must give their children yummy and healthy food for lunch, so they don’t bring lunch back without eating it. Parents should give their children their favorite food for lunch.
Here are some exciting meals and healthy meals
- Dairy-free vegetarian pasta salad
- Fruit salad
- Fruity chicken balls
- Chicken ranch wraps
- Banana muffins
- Sweet potatoes meatballs
- Pizza pockets
I will tell you the recipes for these exciting School lunch Ideas meals in the next blog.